Thursday, December 22, 2011

Washington D.C. Temple, 14x14 inch, collage, This temple is quite special to me as it was the one I went to all my life and was also married in! The photos I have have never done it's striking architecture or lush grounds justice in my mind, so I created my own without any hint of man's influence in the setting. I remember traveling from my home in Maine, to the temple in April and enjoying the grounds and Cherry blossoms awhile before going back to snow and ice! A soul refresher in many ways....

Close up


5 comments:

  1. Nothing like coming around the belt way and seeing that beautiful building! Beautiful artwork as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found this through pinterest, do you sell a print of this? I am also looking for the billings, mt temple and the Portland, OR and I love the look of this collage. Caraleesanders@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments, Caralee! Yes, there are prints of many of my paintings available at http://1-robin-birrell.artistwebsites.com . You can choose the size you prefer etc. Other temple pieces are in the works, the only other available (besides D.C.) right now is Salt Lake, but stay tuned! :)

      Delete